Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Togglehead said:
does this work in OSX as well?

"This" meaning the AquaX scheme for Kaleidoscope? No, Kaleidoscope is for OS 9. Aside from which, why in the world would you want to use the AquaX scheme under OS X? Kind of like putting gold-plate on a pure gold chain, isn't it?

If you meant the OS 9 ShapeShifter theme, it works ONLY in OS X, where else would you use it?

ahunter3

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2003
Mammoth said:
Originally Posted by ahunter3
Well, me, because I detest Aqua.

The Classic Platinum GUI was the best computer-OS GUI of all time.

...Even worse than Windows..? ;)

Do I detest Aqua worse than I detest Windows? Naah, but if the Windows is set to the old classical appearance (and not the Romper-Room/Playskool XP motif), it's a closer call than I like to admit to. But no, Aqua isn't plagued with that horrid document-window-within-an-application-window thing like Windows is.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
ahunter3 said:
Do I detest Aqua worse than I detest Windows? Naah, but if the Windows is set to the old classical appearance (and not the Romper-Room/Playskool XP motif), it's a closer call than I like to admit to. But no, Aqua isn't plagued with that horrid document-window-within-an-application-window thing like Windows is.

thanks noticicing the romper room/playskool xp stuff :)

why, again, are there animated paper clips, dogs, and wizards in "the proffesional os"?

simple is elegant.

i love aqua and hope it will get EVEN better in leopard

BTW: flyakiteosx with XPlore and object bar is great for that crummy old pc!

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Democrat622 said:
thanks noticicing the romper room/playskool xp stuff :)
BTW: flyakiteosx with XPlore and object bar is great for that crummy old pc!

FlyAKite isn't actually the greatest. While it looks cool in Windows, and if you use all the correct programs you get an almost-genuine OS X feel, the system resource task is HUGE.

Running everything probably takes 80-125MB RAM all the time. If you used just the "Aqua" theme, then it would be OK, but then you have to factor in the dock program, the start bar removal thing, the icon packages, the "Finder" bar on top, the program to move the close and minimize buttons to the left, the "expose" program... it killed the performance of my PC. :D

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
im_to_hyper said:
FlyAKite isn't actually the greatest. While it looks cool in Windows, and if you use all the correct programs you get an almost-genuine OS X feel, the system resource task is HUGE.

Running everything probably takes 80-125MB RAM all the time. If you used just the "Aqua" theme, then it would be OK, but then you have to factor in the dock program, the start bar removal thing, the icon packages, the "Finder" bar on top, the program to move the close and minimize buttons to the left, the "expose" program... it killed the performance of my PC. :D

thats pretty true. thats why nothing is as good as a real mac!

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
Anybody got any idea what name is it (of course its a os9Theme) No Bull

So, it s really an os9 ::: most advanced theme ::: very close to iridium quicksilver from xthemination or xenogenesis, I really dont know, but it s really an appearance theme.

i ve got an attachment, let me know. IF someone has it, let me know, please don t tell me about banned apple themes or popular aquas or something else (i quote you) it s the most advanced os9theme, never crash, most advanced design eye-candy interface. EVER not from Bendog or whatever, the very same exact theme, not else.

XTFX

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 146

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
dpaanlka said:
Fonts still don't look right, especailly in the pust-button area.

Was the theme pictured above a MacRumors member-made theme or was that found somewhere else?

I think that the fonts look pretty good... nothing too bad about them, I don't think. They look like the typical OS 9 font, but overall the theme looks pretty good.

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
YES somewhere else, NOT MADE, it s really a os9 theme

im_to_hyper said:
Was the theme pictured above a MacRumors member-made theme or was that found somewhere else?

I think that the fonts look pretty good... nothing too bad about them, I don't think. They look like the typical OS 9 font, but overall the theme looks pretty good.

why are you talking both the fonts, it isn t important at all, i wasn t talking about fonts, you can arrange by yourselves by changing those or setting those up, forget fonts.

I want to rehave this theme that i lost that s meaning i want this theme but NOT OTHERS. this very one and single one, with it, i can change by it to most advanced design by it, yes, absolutely, OF COURSE IM BETTER THAN OSX common themers, i recently did a lot of kaleidoscope schemes (not schemes = renamed KThemes -> (changed to kaleida_FX 2.5 to 3.5 for 8.6 to 9.2.2 by myself into programming with new minimizing FX like avid videoshop instead of rotating FX by kaleidoscope itself) NOT OTHERS. ONLY PRIVATE.

For this very exact theme, i said that is somewhere else not made by silly asked question member-made, not waste talking. i mean it s a true RARE os9 advanced theme that being removed by apple legals, those websites like many are closed because of apple stupid legals. why buying those apple machines and restricting us to do themes or things LIKE MODDED CARS !??? :mad:

xtfx

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
xtfx said:
i mean it s a true RARE os9 advanced theme that being removed by apple legals, those websites like many are closed because of apple stupid legals. why buying those apple machines and restricting us to do themes or things LIKE MODDED CARS !???

I think its because they're illegally and obviously trying to copy a protected Apple product.

I still have yet to see an OS X theme that is A) realistic looking B) professional looking C) worked well with the overal layout of OS 9's GUI.

Those OS X "themes" for OS 9 look so unbelievably crappy, I hate the thought of a PC person seeing one and thinking that was actually OS X, especially if some stupid Mac nerd is like "yes, it is OS X" which I'm sure happens. That PC person would never buy a Mac then. So more power to Apple getting rid of them.

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
dpaanlka said:
I think its because they're illegally and obviously trying to copy a protected Apple product.

I still have yet to see an OS X theme that is A) realistic looking B) professional looking C) worked well with the overal layout of OS 9's GUI.

Those OS X "themes" for OS 9 look so unbelievably crappy, I hate the thought of a PC person seeing one and thinking that was actually OS X, especially if some stupid Mac nerd is like "yes, it is OS X" which I'm sure happens. That PC person would never buy a Mac then. So more power to Apple getting rid of them.

You have to think separatly most os9 users needs to stay in os 9 or whichever rather to go to X, needs also to have perfect GUI ever than osX users who have money, TANT PIS. when Macs are bought, they can do everything with those machines invested. use it deeply whichEver they want.

OFcourse they are realistic, i dont have problems with osX. i m not, OFcourse a PC person, i m a most advanced os9 themer never distribued his products, the hell with apple !!! i paid for this apple machine with MY MONEY then apple shuts the fk.up then i m using it AS MODDED with satisfaction with more power. then my MODY machine could be more valuable than apple could ever made. i HATE matrixed user standardization.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
xtfx said:
You have to think seperately most os9 users needs to stay in os9.1 or whichever rather to go to X, needs also to have perfect GUI ever than osX users who have money, TANT PIS. when Macs are bought, they can do everything with those machines invested. use it deeply whichEver they want.

What are you SAYING????!?!?!!!

TANT PIS?? What does that even mean?

xtfx said:
apple shut the f.up then i m using it AS MODDED with satisfaction with more power. then my machine could me more valuable than apple could ever made. i HATE standardization.

You have an OS X theme and now your computer is more powerful? What are you talking about? Why can't you just appreciate Mac OS 9 for what it is, just as I appreciate Mac OS 7 for what it is (see signature).

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
dpaanlka said:
What are you SAYING????!?!?!!!

TANT PIS?? What does that even mean?

You have an OS X theme and now your computer is more powerful? What are you talking about? Why can't you just appreciate Mac OS 9 for what it is, just as I appreciate Mac OS 7 for what it is (see signature).

Os 8.6 and 9 are realistic Pre-OSX tri-dimensional icons ever made are beaut than syst 7, more faster and stable, 7.6.1 is the most stable system still, 8.6.1 too, that i have and 8.7 is the modded system that i made is more stable than 8.6.1 ever faster. i like to mody every deep GUI in system. since 3 years.

i m using 8.6.1 - 8.7 - 9.1 - 9.2.2 - 10.3.9 Build 7w77 (those sytems those i m using are differents from apple standards, no i never been satisfied from apple programmers, they are feeding themselves like texas post-morbid individuals:D doing nothing. i do unusual gui interface, more professionnal, better than films and ever. it s my hobby not amateur, only serious. one day i could make money.

tant pis = too bad ;)

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
xtfx said:
Os 8.6 and 9 are realistic Pre-OSX tri-dimensional icons ever made are beaut than syst 7, more faster and stable

I'm sorry man, I don't want to offend. But I cannot understand what you are saying.

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
dpaanlka said:
I'm sorry man, I don't want to offend. But I cannot understand what you are saying.

i meant 8 and 9 are more realistic than 7, osx are realistic than os9, that s simple

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
xtfx said:
i meant 8 and 9 are more realistic than 7, osx are realistic than os9, that s simple

What do you mean more realistic??? How can an OS not look like itself? They all look exactly like they're supposed to - they're not trying to look like anything else!

xtfx

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2006
dpaanlka said:
What do you mean more realistic??? How can an OS not look like itself? They all look exactly like they're supposed to - they're not trying to look like anything else!

You said realistic looking !

os 7 are more realistic looking than 6 (4-bit)
os 8-9 are more realistic looking than 7 (8-bit)
os X are more realistic looking than 8-9 (32-bit)
os X are 128-bit !!! you know the story of those ! :rolleyes:

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
I am so beyond confused right now.

EDIT: When I say OS X themes on OS 9 don't look realistic, I mean in the sense that they don't fool me into believeing I'm using OS X. It has nothing to do with color depth or resolution.

EDIT #2:
RacerX said:
Dan, this person may not natively speak english... and may even be using something like BabelFish to post here. That may be why it is so hard to understand his posts.

I didn't even think of that. That's what it really seems like too, doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.