Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLion01

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
The Netherlands
I just bought an used MacBook Pro 13,3" late 2013 in really good condition. It was my first Mac but I sold it a few years ago (which I later regretted). Really happy to have it again so I decided to restore the OS X it came with (and the first OS X I used): OS X Mavericks.

Wow, I am blowed away again on how good it looks, especially on a Retina display. The incredibly well crafted icons, combined with the soft UI and stunning default wallpapers are amazing.

This was released alongside iOS 7 and while it didn’t cary over the flat look, some of the skeumorphic looks OS X Lion and Mountain Lion were removed (like in the contacts app of calender), which I really like cause it gives Mavericks a beautiful classic but still modern interface.

Of course I installed iWork ‘09 which is to many still the best iWork. I didn’t use it much back in the day so now is my time to experience it.

Do you guys have any tips and tricks to make Mavericks more usable in the modern day?
I saw great posts about Chromium Legacy so that I will try definetely. Are there any other tweaks that make Mavericks better and/or safer for todays internet?

Schermafbeelding 2023-10-07 om 15.30.17.png

Reactions: R2FX and N69AP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.