Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moshen

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
I just got my powerbook, switching from a PC as my main laptop. I noticed an annoying problem with iChat.

Sometimes when I'm typing a response, the line I was typing will get deleted in the middle of the sentence. This has happened for a while, and seems to be pretty random. I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting any other keys that would erase the whole sentence. Im certain Im not touching the trackpad either.

I read that a few other people have seen this problem too. Is there a solution?

thanks

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
moshen said:
I just got my powerbook, switching from a PC as my main laptop. I noticed an annoying problem with iChat.

Sometimes when I'm typing a response, the line I was typing will get deleted in the middle of the sentence. This has happened for a while, and seems to be pretty random. I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting any other keys that would erase the whole sentence. Im certain Im not touching the trackpad either.

I read that a few other people have seen this problem too. Is there a solution?

thanks

no you are hitting another key as well.. i forget what it is though. i used to have the same problem. i just got better at typing and it disappeared :p

maybe someone can clue you in to what that key is.. but i've forgotten and my messing around hasn't found it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.