Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unixgent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2021
I have an A1009 Xserve RAID and an Xserve 3,1 running OS X Server 10.6. Everything works fine and it doesn't support any services apart from administering the RAID. Just part of a home lab and unnecessary vintage Mac collection. I installed El Capitan on another disk with no problems but I could not get the RAID Admin jar to open. I installed a Java update per another thread but still no success opening the Admin utility. Perhaps the 1.5.1 RAID Admin utility won't run on 10.11? Has anyone used the RAID Admin utility on an OS X version subsequent to 10.6?

unixgent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2021
I have an A1009 Xserve RAID and an Xserve 3,1 running OS X Server 10.6. Everything works fine and it doesn't support any services apart from administering the RAID. Just part of a home lab and unnecessary vintage Mac collection. I installed El Capitan on another disk with no problems but I could not get the RAID Admin jar to open. I installed a Java update per another thread but still no success opening the Admin utility. Perhaps the 1.5.1 RAID Admin utility won't run on 10.11? Has anyone used the RAID Admin utility on an OS X version subsequent to 10.6?
Found another guide and got RAID Admin running on the Xserve with El Capitan.

unixgent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2021
What was the problem?
To get RAID Admin running on El Capitan...
  • Download & install Java for OS X 2017-001: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US
  • Right-click on "RAID Admin.app” and select “Show Package Contents”.
  • Navigate to Contents/MacOS and delete the “RAID Admin” file that folder.
  • Open another Finder window.
  • Navigate to the "/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MacOS/“ folder.
  • Copy the “JavaApplicationStub” file from that folder into the "RAID Admin.app/Contents/MacOS/” folder.
  • In the “RAID Admin.app/Contents/MacOS” folder, rename “JavaApplicationStub" to “RAID Admin”.

Last edited:

unixgent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 5, 2021
Was able to finally get the RAID Admin utility working in Mojave.
  • Download & install Java for OS X 2017-001: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572?locale=en_US
  • Right-click on "RAID Admin.app” and select “Show Package Contents”.
  • Navigate to Contents/Resources/Java and copy the RAID_Admin.jar file.
  • Paste the jar file elsewhere and launch the program using that jar file.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.