Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleGeek1127

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
I'm currently running the 10.10.3 public beta on my MacBook Air and I decided to switch over to iCloud Photo Library.

All of the photos from my iPhone/iPad and my iPhoto Library transferred over with no hassle. Some photos show up twice.

Since I have my iPhone/iPad set to "optimize device storage" and my Mac set to "download and keep originals," I'm guessing one is the full-resolution shot, and one is the compressed image.

If anyone could tell me how or why some images are showing up twice in iCloud Photo Library, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
You may have also had duplicates in your library. I had this same issue when I first ran photos (also running the same settings between my Mac and my iPhone 6 Plus). Going back into iPhoto, I found that the photos I had duplicates of in iCloud were also duplicated in my iPhoto library.

AppleGeek1127

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Thanks so much. As it turns out, there were duplicates in my old iPhoto Library. Problem solved.

piratemc74

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2008
Holly Springs, NC
Find and delete?

It's great that you know WHY you had the duplicates.... Is there any suggestion to find them in iCloud Library, and get them deleted?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.