Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrCookieMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
anyone using this combo?

iPhone X with osmo mobile gets lots of reports about the phone iOS conflicting with the osmo resulting in jittery footage.

Wondering if there is any difference with the XS as heard it mentioned some changes had been made (think it was on daring fireball podcast)?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
anyone using this combo?

iPhone X with osmo mobile gets lots of reports about the phone iOS conflicting with the osmo resulting in jittery footage.

Wondering if there is any difference with the XS as heard it mentioned some changes had been made (think it was on daring fireball podcast)?

Check out the new gimbal from snoppa the Atom.

seinman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2011
Philadelphia
Use a camera app that allows you to turn off the built-in stabilizer and you’ll be fine. I use Filmic Pro and it has that option.

MrCookieMonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2014
I didn’t think that was an option on the iPhone X, or if the setting was there it had no affect on the phone ois? Is it different on the Xs?

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
I didn’t think that was an option on the iPhone X, or if the setting was there it had no affect on the phone ois? Is it different on the Xs?

I don’t think it’s possible to disable the OIS on an iPhone thorough software. The best method is to disable it mechanically by attaching a magnet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.