Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi, has anyone noticed that when OSX is put to sleep, then woken up, the sound is muted somehow??? How do you fix this without restarting the computer??

Thanks

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Hi, I dont mind waiting. I love my new computer and would not change it for anything!!

benmac

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2001
Brussels (Belgium)
I have the same problem. Go in the Sound Preferences, and tick "mute" twice. This should work for you too.

I have another problem (which is a bit more serious), I (logged as admin) cannot delete files created by a user that I have deleted. Does anybody know how to fix this problem.
Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that the files' comments just dissapear? I guess there is no fix to this.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Originally posted by benmac
I have the same problem. Go in the Sound Preferences, and tick "mute" twice. This should work for you too.

I have another problem (which is a bit more serious), I (logged as admin) cannot delete files created by a user that I have deleted. Does anybody know how to fix this problem.
Oh yeah, has anyone noticed that the files' comments just dissapear? I guess there is no fix to this.

I found that the sound was muted. However, when I un-checked the box I still got no sound. Oh well, I will just have to wait.

Other bugs I have seen.

1) IE - The buttons keep disappearing!!!
2) Entourage - Keep getting mail errors when opening folders
3) MSN Messenger - Keeps quitting

++ The window re-sizing need to be sped up.

On a separate issue. I am trying to use a cdrw disk + was wondering how people use them? Do you need to erase the disk evertime you want to add/amend the files on it??

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I've got the muted sound after sleep, and Apple Tech Support has assured me they they are on it.

I've also lost my serial number in both System Profilers (OSX & OS9) as well as in "About this Mac." When I zap the PRAM, the Serial Number returns --- only to again disappear after the next restart. Ugh. But again, Tech Support is diligent in their e-mails and calling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.