Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keene1bj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2015
As the title suggests...anyone who is using 10.11 and iOS8 still have continuity working? Want to update to 10.11 but not iOS9 at this time but absolutely can't lose continuity. Thanks for the input.

RunningOne

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
MN
It didn't work for me. Tried opening a page in Safari on iPhone, and creating a message.

No response from iMac with 10.11. Walked into the other room and set the phone next to Macbook Air running 10.10.x and it responded as expected.

RunningOne

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
MN
It didn't work for me. Tried opening a page in Safari on iPhone, and creating a message.

No response from iMac with 10.11. Walked into the other room and set the phone next to Macbook Air running 10.10.x and it responded as expected.

It is working after opening iCloud settings. Beachball came up for a bit, and the handoff icon popped up in the dock when it went away.

Keene1bj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2015
Thanks for the input guys. To confirm, handoff seems to work, but have you tried continuity specifically - text messages.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have an updated BTLE card in my MBP and no handoff. Under "about this Mac," it recognizes the updated card but handoff ability shows "no." Will test phone calls etc. when landline is back up.

Tried the Continuity Activation Tool for kicks, and it just looped the same folder, trying to go through the process and getting no where as i new it would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.