Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Hey Guys.

Long time reader... first time poster here. I have a strange issue i cant seem to find an answer for on google or anywhere for that matter. I have a late 2009 mac mini with 4gb ram & 500GB HD running latest OS X 10.6.4.

My problem is this. I installed Windows 7 via Boot camp assist for about a month. After i got tired of it i removed it via the assistant as a single volume as instructed. However - I am unable to make my mac mini to boot into OS X unless i use the option key which displays the current OS on the disk then i must select it before it will continue. OS X will not auto boot into the system on its own by simply pressing the power button. If i let it go without holding the option key - the white screen is shown for apx 20 seconds then a black screen appears with a blinking cursor which goes no where.

Anyone have this problem before? I cant seem to make it so it will just boot into the OS with just the power button like it used to when it came out of the box. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks!

TOOFY

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Long Awhlandddd, NY
Thank you guys so much! One last question : Will this continue to boot up after a power down and power on? From now on basically? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.