Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nachmandahadiat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Hello. I need something rather trivial, but seemingly hard to come by (at least for me, presently), namely an application (or a suite of such) to integrate task management (something like reminders, but more extensive), calendar, and ideally contacts—and, needless to say, one that works on my mac as well on my mobile device (iphone, in my case). BusyCal+BusyContacts come sort of close on the mac, but fail to provide a mobile counterpart. Omnifocus may do the trick, but requires 10.10 and iOS 9, neither of which I can use. Any idea what might be good when restricted to use 10.9 and iOS7 for the time being?

Thanks

nachmandahadiat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Excuse me? What is this? It's the most basic thing. Entourage provided it, Outlook provides it, and there isn't a single useable alternative for mac that isn't Microsoft?

nachmandahadiat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2010
Hello Gerrit. Thanks for your reply. From my experience with Microsoft products, I mistrust them quite a bit. Word, for example, is so ill-coded that importing its file into InDesign always produces tons of errors. Second reason, if none for a rant, is that the mobile counterpart would require me to purchase a new iPhone, the one I presently use working fine otherwise. But as I said, that's a poor reason for a rant. (And isn't outlook quite expensive? I can't seem to figure it out.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.