Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gatordude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
I just upgraded to OSX 10.11 B1 and to my surprise, my iPhone 5 does not sync with iTunes 12. I have checked for the newest update for iTunes and my iPhone is running iOS 8.4. I then upgraded to B2 10.11 and no resolution. Anyone else with this issue? The iPhone charges but is not recognized in Finder, iTunes, or any other application. This has been tested with 2 iPhone 5's.
Thanks!

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
There are sync issues with El Capitan and certain devices. Some devices sync, others don't. My iPad Air, iPad Mini, and iPhone 5s all sync fine, even wireless. But my iPod Nano and iPod Classic do not. I tried with the just released iTunes 12.2 and the bug remains. It's odd that the iPhone 5 isn't syncing because most iOS devices are working fine. All my devices are at least recognized as drives on the system in finder, so that makes it even more odd. Apple has acknowledged the problem, so if it is caused by the sync bug they should (better) have a fix in the next update.

gatordude911

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
I'm on DB2 and haven't seen a resolution. One thing, which I find quite odd, is my friend with an iPhone 4 managed to sync. I also heard that iPhone 6's sync fine as well. I hope this gets fixed soon!

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
I'm on DB2 as well. I was hoping the new iTunes would fix it, but alas, nothing yet. My first generation iPhone syncs just fine so I thought maybe all iOS devices were safe. Very strange. I hope they fix it so I can upload my runs to Nike+ and put some new music on my Nano. Maybe DB3 will provide a solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.