Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTownlol

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
So I've owned a Magic Mouse for a few months -- it performs well enough but I don't like the ergonomics so I started exploring other bluetooth mice.

First I tried a Targus $10 mouse, but found that the mouse buttons would seem to go to sleep -- after a moment of not clicking, it would ignore the next click, but clicks after that would be fine. If I was clicking very frequently it'd work fine, but small breaks would cause the mouse buttons to go to sleep and need to be woken up. It'd be tracking mouse movement the whole time -- it's just the buttons that would be unresponsive.

I chalked it up to a cheap piece of crap mouse with shoddy software.. until my Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer came in today and it is doing the exact same thing. It is infuriating. Anybody have experience with this? I assume this isn't correct behavior..

I'll try and test whether or not it does it in windows when I get home, but right now I feel like Apple is trolling me.

edit: I just turned off MagicPrefs (http://magicprefs.com/) and it seems to have fixed it. Problem solved

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.