Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
It keeps forgetting the Expose settings :confused:, at random.

Just using the computer as normal, and i 'squeeze' the side of teh Mighty Mouse. Nothing. I squeeze harder... nothing. I grip it like a crazed baboon with a fake banana -- Nothing.

I press F11 in frustration. Nothing. I click the middle mouse button -- No dashboard.

WTF?

I go to system preferences and look at the Desktop & Expose settings. All the functions have the - in place of the key (or mouse button). So i have to go through and re-map them manually.

This has happened twice now. But its not limited to my PowerMac, because it happened at least that amount of times on my previous PowerMac. I have nothing out of the ordinary installed... Photoshop and Limeware (oh and the system updates -- though the last 2.3 didnt have the new build of OSX so i cant blame it on that).

Is there some key combination im pressing without realising it that turns off Expose??? It's rather annoying when it happens.

EDIT: Oh got my first ever crash in OSX the otherday. Gray Screen of Death. At least it did it with a bit of style ;) lol.

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Same happens to me, never understood what causes this. Sometimes it happens once a week, sometimes it happens 3x a day.... Weird stuff and it hasn't been solved on 10.4.3 (happened today on my powerbook).

dragula53

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
hmmm

I have noticed it after the 10.4.3 update with opera not remembering my settings when I start it up.

If I were to take a wild stab, I would guess the problem with all three is with ownership or permissions.

however, I am not an expert.

ohcrap

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2005
Has not happened to me at all. In fact (not to brag), but I've had very few/none of the problems anyone has described on these forums. My PB has been nothing but a pleasure to use, and so has my Mighty Mouse. :)

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
A bit off-topic, but nevertheless fitting with the whole 'amnesia' prognosis. I've noticed that my Dashboard widgets mysteriously reposition themselves occasionally... Admittedly, this hasn't happened for a while now though. Probably been sorted in one of the updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.