Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vincent I RealVisuals

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2024
Hi,

We have a strange behavior when we want to send a mail with a pdf as attachment to persons with outlook on Windows
Sending pictures are fine, but when a pdf is added to the mail, this comes on a different way into Outlook on Windows.
The mailtext itself is a .htm file, so the text is not as text, strange.

What could be the reason?
Working with OS 13.4 Ventura and Mail v16

PDF_attachments.png

gilby101

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2010
Tasmania
1) A simple example that doesn't need blurring would be helpful.
2) What mail provider is the sender using?
3) What mail provider is the recipient using?
4) Any formatted message you send will have a message part which is just plain text as well as an html formatted one.

Reactions: chown33

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
1) A simple example that doesn't need blurring would be helpful.
2) What mail provider is the sender using?
3) What mail provider is the recipient using?
4) Any formatted message you send will have a message part which is just plain text as well as an html formatted one.
1) Agreed. Showing the entire email would be even more helpful.
2 & 3) It doesn't matter.
4) If the recipient has their mail app set to show HTMLL emails (which is the default), then there shouldn't be an HTML attachment - just the PDF attachment. The recipient in this case clearly has his mail app set to show HTML emails because you can see the blurred-out signature.

I use Apple's Mail app at home to send PDFs attached to an HTML-based email to my work email address, which happens to be Outlook for Mac, and I never get HTML attachments.

The only time I do see them is when the sender forwards an email as an attachment (something Outlook for Windows users seem to do quite often).

Reactions: gilby101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.