Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ERIC273

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2009
NJ
With the messaging application beta for OSX, can I send messages from my own iPhone number? That'd be amazing, especially when I have headphones in and I cannot hear my phone ring!

-Eric L.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
iMessage same contacts from phone to Mac

Basically anyone that you were able to send iMessages with on your iPhone you can send to on your Mac.....

I downloaded this today and will post my experience with it.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Basically anyone that you were able to send iMessages with on your iPhone you can send to on your Mac.....

I downloaded this today and will post my experience with it.

Only way for it to show up on the mac is if the other person sent it to email address as opposed to a cell number.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
A bit frustrating that I'm going to need to restart conversations with people so they'll work with my @me address, i wish there was a way to convert messages from phone number to email address. Hopefully something like that will come

iKennett

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2007
From testing...

It seems I can send to a phone number (it has the little blue message bubble next to it) using Messages on Mac... If I send an additional message on my iPhone (again to a mobile) it still shows on the mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.