Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarceePauff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
I can't stand the 'in-your-ear' headphones. Does anyone if there there's a 3rd party or in-production Apple headset that has regular pads... the 'over-the-ear' kind? I like the little clickable answer-phone option... and skip-song option... and I wouldn't mind paying a premium to have another choice of headphones.

sJv

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Sierra Foothills, CA
At this moment in time, there appears to be nothing on the market that does what you are looking for. Even V-moda screwed up and didn't include the control switch for their Vibe Duo in ear headphones. Shure is coming up with an expensive little cable for their SE line that adapts them to the iPhone, but it isn't out yet. It's also in ear.

I had an extra pair of one of my favorite cheap over the ear headphones - Koss PortaPro, so I grafted the Apple cable to them and they work great! If you are handy with a soldering iron, it's a fairly easy job.

-steve

I can't stand the 'in-your-ear' headphones. Does anyone if there there's a 3rd party or in-production Apple headset that has regular pads... the 'over-the-ear' kind? I like the little clickable answer-phone option... and skip-song option... and I wouldn't mind paying a premium to have another choice of headphones.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 158

MarceePauff

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
At this moment in time, there appears to be nothing on the market that does what you are looking for. Even V-moda screwed up and didn't include the control switch for their Vibe Duo in ear headphones. Shure is coming up with an expensive little cable for their SE line that adapts them to the iPhone, but it isn't out yet. It's also in ear.

I had an extra pair of one of my favorite cheap over the ear headphones - Koss PortaPro, so I grafted the Apple cable to them and they work great! If you are handy with a soldering iron, it's a fairly easy job.

-steve

Well, look at you Steve! I'm totally anti-capable and extremely jealous. My poor delicate little ears are so sore from these stupid things. :( Boo.

Thanks for the advice, tho. I guess I'm just going to have to pray for product and be patient. (Something I'm also anti-capable of.)

-- Marcee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.