Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gomezkebab

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2017
Hey,

What other FPS/open world shooters like Far Cry 3 & Mad Max can you recommend for Mac?

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Uh, none of those games are "shooters" in the strictest sense.
Sleeping dogs and TR is more shooter than Mad Max by miles, so don't know what you're after. Mad max is mostly melee combat. Obviously Shadow of Mordor is hack and slash.

In any case, those are basically your options for native Mac stuff that's open world or semi-open world.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Sleeping dogs and TR is more shooter than Mad Max by miles, so don't know what you're after. Mad max is mostly melee combat. Obviously Shadow of Mordor is hack and slash.

In any case, those are basically your options for native Mac stuff that's open world or semi-open world.
My eyes saw FarCry 3 and basically skipped over Mad Max. Is Mad Max third person like Tomb Raider?

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Do you mean only first person games as “shooter games”, or games where running and gunning are the primary mechanics, or cover shooter games?
More of the second was my first though.
Third person shooter games are still shooter games, even in the strictest sense
True. I got caught up on the semantics of the FPS part of the question as the type of open world shooter They were looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.