Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Very happy with my Symmetry in black with magsafe. It's nice and grippy, has a premium look to it and protects the phone well.

I had a Symmetry on my 11 Pro Max too, and it lasted the entire four years I had the phone. Nice solid well-made case. (I mean it better be for $50 worth of plastic!)

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
The inside of the clear back on the Lumen scratches VERY easily, just from installing the phone. Nice case if you don’t mind the scratches.

Reactions: timeconsumer

Surfsalot

macrumors 65816
Mar 18, 2023
Very happy with my Symmetry in black with magsafe. It's nice and grippy, has a premium look to it and protects the phone well.

I had a Symmetry on my 11 Pro Max too, and it lasted the entire four years I had the phone. Nice solid well-made case. (I mean it better be for $50 worth of plastic!)
how's the magsafe strength? does it leave a ring on the back?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
how's the magsafe strength? does it leave a ring on the back?
Magsafe is enough to hold the phone but not enough that you'll carry away 15 pounds with it when you grab it.

As for a ring in the back, none yet, but I've only been using it for a few days. I'm sure after a year of sticking it there you'll see some wear pattern.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Love my Symmetry case with RealTree buttons o_O

os02.jpg
os01.jpg

Liberal

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2011
Connecticut
If anyone in the US is interested, I've got a (basically) new in box Symmetry in Bluetiful for the 15 Pro Max. I only put it on my phone once but I liked a different case I got better and missed the return window. $30 shipped, dm me!

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
How is the Lumen case? Does it scratch easily and yellow?
Been using the Lumen case for a few days now. Overall it’s a nice case but not worth the price, in my opinion. My Otterbox Lumen came with 1 scratch out of the box that ran from just below the camera diagonally to the middle of the MagSafe area, about 1-2inches in length.

+Gray looks really nice with the natural titanium iPhone.
+Buttons are very clicky and much better than the Apple clear case.
+Case feels grippy and not slippery at all.
+Feels like it adds the right amount of bulk, not super thin but not bulky either.

-Installing the iPhone causes scratches on the inside of the case. Just like the Dbrand Ghost. Maybe not as bad.
-There’s a sharp seam on the edges of the case. It’s probably not sharp enough to cut your finger/hand but it just doesn’t feel good. When you’re just holding the case you likely won’t notice this until you run your fingers over the edges.

Can’t answer if it will yellow or not but if it does you could probably contact their customer service for a replacement. From what I’ve read Otterbox has good customer service.

I may be nitpicking but at $50 for a case I’m going critique it more than a $20 case. I personally wouldn’t recommend this to anybody unless they are OK with scratches on the inside from inserting the phone and if they can hold the case in a store before buying to see if the seam/edges will bother them.

If you look at reviews on the Otterbox website at least one mentioned the edges/seams on it.

The case looks really nice in pictures though and in lighting where you can’t see the scratches from inserting the phone.

Reactions: AnthroMatt

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Been using the Lumen case for a few days now. Overall it’s a nice case but not worth the price, in my opinion. My Otterbox Lumen came with 1 scratch out of the box that ran from just below the camera diagonally to the middle of the MagSafe area, about 1-2inches in length.

+Gray looks really nice with the natural titanium iPhone.
+Buttons are very clicky and much better than the Apple clear case.
+Case feels grippy and not slippery at all.
+Feels like it adds the right amount of bulk, not super thin but not bulky either.

-Installing the iPhone causes scratches on the inside of the case. Just like the Dbrand Ghost. Maybe not as bad.
-There’s a sharp seam on the edges of the case. It’s probably not sharp enough to cut your finger/hand but it just doesn’t feel good. When you’re just holding the case you likely won’t notice this until you run your fingers over the edges.

Can’t answer if it will yellow or not but if it does you could probably contact their customer service for a replacement. From what I’ve read Otterbox has good customer service.

I may be nitpicking but at $50 for a case I’m going critique it more than a $20 case. I personally wouldn’t recommend this to anybody unless they are OK with scratches on the inside from inserting the phone and if they can hold the case in a store before buying to see if the seam/edges will bother them.

If you look at reviews on the Otterbox website at least one mentioned the edges/seams on it.

The case looks really nice in pictures though and in lighting where you can’t see the scratches from inserting the phone.
Thanks for this.
I will pass

I am looking for a good quality clear case but can't seem to find one anywhere!

Reactions: timeconsumer

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Thanks for this.
I will pass

I am looking for a good quality clear case but can't seem to find one anywhere!
I understand! I’ve looked at a lot of clear cases and I’m unable to find one that I really like. Seems to be difficult this year to find a good quality clear case and it feels like they cut a lot of corners.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.