Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ish4y

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
I just ordered an iPhone 12 and the Aneu and Defender XT cases. My preference goes to the latter, as I feel more secure with port covers. The problem however is that I have read multiple reviews about the case offering zero protection to the back when dropped, resulting in easily smashed back glass. The pictures on Amazon, Reddit and here on the forums show horrific damage, all on the same surface. I have never had this problem with the regular Defender Series, so I'm worried to use my iPhone in the XT model. Even the Aneu seems to have thicker back plastic and there are no reports about damage occuring within the case.

Because there's no alternative to a Defender with MagSafe, I was wondering if the XT allows room for a 0.3 mm tempered glass back protector. MagSafe doesn't seem to be an issue, as the case itself obviously has magnets.

Could anyone please report if it's a really tight fit or not?

Last edited:

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
That won’t fit because I tried with a back skin from DBrand and no luck . Only the rail/sides skins worked ..

ish4y

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2022
The case is so tight that a phone with a sticker on won't fit? Wow. Aneu it is then. Can't risk smashed back glass. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.