Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrbti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2021
The iPad Air has been sold out in my country for over a week, in stores and online. What are the chances they ran stock low because there is an unexpected iPad Air update in the pipeline? Is it stupid to buy now?

I wonder if they paused production to focus on the new iPad Pro.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
The iPad Air has been sold out in my country for over a week, in stores and online. What are the chances they ran stock low because there is an unexpected iPad Air update in the pipeline? Is it stupid to buy now?

I wonder if they paused production to focus on the new iPad Pro.
Considering the iPad Air was released in March, it's likely not to be updated, but it's Apple so no one knows for sure. I don't think I've seen rumours about an iPad Air refresh this October

Ferc Kast

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
The Multiverse
If we're going by the buyer's guide on the site, it looks like you should be good to get the Air. I don't think Apple would give it a M2 refresh until next year since it just got the M1 in March.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
There are so many reasons a product can be sold out, but I suspect a major reason is that start of the school year. I also strongly doubt Apple will release an update before next spring.

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
Buy now, their are no expectations for an updated Air, it was only updated 6 months ago as others say, it’s quite powerful as I have an M1 iPad Pro I can tell you. It’s a ludicrously fast chip for an iPad to have!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.