Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Martin_IT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
Hi MacRumors Community,

I just upgraded someone to Sierra with Outlook 2016 and the user told me that they need to auto-archive their Exchange account and maintain the same folder/subfolder structure which is an easy option in Windows.

I've searched online and there is no information in regards to this. Has anyone here tested a 3rd party tool that can do this and that is also intuitive for users?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Best,
M

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry...don't know of anything that will do that.

Side note: It's my opinion that removing emails from the server to folders "On My Computer" adds to the risk of losing them...particularly in Outlook. If the database gets corrupted the user may not know it and this can and has caused problems when moving to a new computer or recovering from a backup after a disaster.

OrdinaryGeek

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2016
San Francisco, CA
Hi MacRumors Community,

I just upgraded someone to Sierra with Outlook 2016 and the user told me that they need to auto-archive their Exchange account and maintain the same folder/subfolder structure which is an easy option in Windows.

I've searched online and there is no information in regards to this. Has anyone here tested a 3rd party tool that can do this and that is also intuitive for users?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Best,
M

I'm having this problem precisely (well, one of my USERS is, more accurately): User needs to auto-archive, and maintain their folder/subfolder structure. Doesn't seem like it's too much to ask. Strange that the Mac version doesn't have this capability, but it appears to be the case. What did you end up doing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.