Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Just wondering if anybody else who uses the Outlook app on the watch has noticed that the unread email badge count (on the complication) has disappeared from the last two updates, including the update I have just installed dated today?

Reactions: surfside73

Seldon2K

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2021
Hi

I have the same problem since I updated the app yesterday. I thought it was a problem with my config and I've tried resetting accounts etc...but if you have the same problem must be something related to last update. Let's hope they solve it soon, but with Outlook for iOS-WatchOS, you never know!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Thanks for confirming.

And I wouldn’t hold your breath, they still can’t get the iPhone unread number badge working correctly. That’s never work for me. They can’t even get the basics right. And then when they add a very useful feature which people have wanted, on the watch, they then remove it without any explanation. I’m very tempted to go back to the stock mail app but then the watch version of that doesn’t synchronise correctly. Either way you look, the software is garbage.

Reactions: surfside73

macmanick

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2021
Same issue also. I tried to reset accounts, uninstall / reinstall app etc... I guess they removed the badge in the code of the watch software, or it's a complete mess. Let's hope it will be fixed in a future release. :rolleyes:

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
I’ve reported that the iOS/iPadOS badge for the unread email count is still wrong and wholly unreliable. They just keep coming back with “raise it as a feature”, not report it as a bug (such weird wording from them) so it can be addressed in future updates. I’ve done a Google search and people have been complaining about this for years. I will go back to the stock mail app in iOS 15 when it’s released and see how I get on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.