Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Hi,

I am using Outlook.com for my calendar. I noticed a very weird bug when using the default calendar with Outlook.

For example, assume I have an event that repeats every week. If I delete a specific event in that series it does not update it across any of my other iOS devices or on Outlook.com calendar itself. However, the syncing for the calendar works in every other circumstance I tested.

Anyone run into this problem?

A fix I found was to use the Outlook app for iOS. However, I am undecided if I like it any better.

Any input would be appreciated. Maybe someone else can recreate this issue. Not sure if it is iOS 12 specific or not.

Thanks

sguser

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2010
Since upgrading to 12 GM (previously had several betas installed) I've noticed problems with Outlook calendar. In my case events are disappearing from the calendar in front of my eyes. I would open the Calendar app, I would see an event for a few seconds and than it disappears. Seems like only rebooting of the phone fixes the issue, until it randomly appears again.

moabal

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Since upgrading to 12 GM (previously had several betas installed) I've noticed problems with Outlook calendar. In my case events are disappearing from the calendar in front of my eyes. I would open the Calendar app, I would see an event for a few seconds and than it disappears. Seems like only rebooting of the phone fixes the issue, until it randomly appears again.

Do you mind trying to create my issue?

1. Make a weekly series
2. Delete one day of those series (on your iPhone)
3. See if that one day in the series is removed off any other iDevices there synced (iPad, Mac)
4. See if that one day in the series is removed off the calendar directly from Outlook.com

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.