Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Did the update last night. Everything seems to work great except email. Not sure if anyone else has this problem? I try to open and check my email (hotmail) on the mail app and it just freezes. Any idea on how to fix this or is this another bug?
iPhone XS here.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
There’s a whole slew of problems with the Mail app. I get badge counts for new mail, but the mail isn’t there when I open the app. I have to manually refresh.
Mail is a hot mess in this release. I assume by ”mail app” you’re using Apple’s app to check your Hotmail? I suggest downloading the Outlook Mail app.

LorQ1027

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
San Francisco, CA
There’s a whole slew of problems with the Mail app. I get badge counts for new mail, but the mail isn’t there when I open the app. I have to manually refresh.
Mail is a hot mess in this release. I assume by ”mail app” you’re using Apple’s app to check your Hotmail? I suggest downloading the Outlook Mail app.

I did that as well. Downloaded the outlook app and it’s only showing a few emails. I haven’t yet updated my iPad so when I checked on my iPad, I had about 40 new emails compared to about 5 on the outlook app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.