Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 6, 2012
I subscribe to Outside Magazine & for the longest time they offered a digital version of their magazine as part of the subscription. It went through several apps over the years & I think actually moved to a website at one point.

It seems like that may be a thing of the past now. I don't see any current iPad apps on the App Store & I haven't received an email about 'my current issue is ready to view' in a long time.

I'm wondering if anyone else is/ was a subscriber & confirm if the digital access has been removed.

I know they were bought a little while ago, and the big focus seems to be on Outside +, which is a monthly subscription service. It looks like some of the magazine content can be viewed online if you're an Outside+ subscriber, but I'm not looking to pay an additional monthly fee.

Looking online gives me a lot of hits for outside magazine app, but nothing relevant and recent (Several posts from the early to mid 2010's, and lot of articles about if you can download apps outside of the App Store).

Thanks in advance,

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I started reading Outside back when it was Mariah in the 70's. But they are essentially gone as a singular entity, having been bought out last year -

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...Closes-Major-Acquisitions-Rebrands-as-Outside

So, as you say, it's now Outside+ and the on-line Outside magazine is gone. I use and like one of their other acquisitions, Gaia GPS, but it is sad when these things get subsumed like this.

Reactions: mk313
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.