Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hewhodareswins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2013
Hi newbie here :) please dont bite me :(

I have a question regarding about iphone app development. Now i have an app idea but like many people I have no idea about programming. So i am thinking hiring a company or freelancer to do it.

But my question is, say the app is already made and ready to go. How do i submit it to the app store? Do the company/freelancer send me the file and I will have to submit myself using my own developers account if i signed up to it? Or Do they send it themselves?

If its a purchased app, how do I get the money from the sale? Does it go to the company/freelancer who created the app or can it go straight to my paypal or other accounts?

Id like some advice in this please if you could.

Thank You

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Hi newbie here :) please dont bite me :(

I have a question regarding about iphone app development. Now i have an app idea but like many people I have no idea about programming. So i am thinking hiring a company or freelancer to do it.

But my question is, say the app is already made and ready to go. How do i submit it to the app store? Do the company/freelancer send me the file and I will have to submit myself using my own developers account if i signed up to it? Or Do they send it themselves?

If its a purchased app, how do I get the money from the sale? Does it go to the company/freelancer who created the app or can it go straight to my paypal or other accounts?

Id like some advice in this please if you could.

Thank You

WELCOME!!!

Bwwaahahahah...

;) :D

Attachments

• dog.png
    dog.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 173

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Hey, I can't really answer your questions but I suggest you move this thread under Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming. Might get some real help there.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
U register with Apple as a developer. They don't really care how the work/who/where is done. You are the registered person, you submit the code as per contract, u have an account with them, every sale they take 30% or something like that. That's the easy part. That's just paperwork.

The harder part is how you are going to outsource it, and negotiate who gets what. Do coders get paid a salary? Do they get a percentage of the sales?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Once you're registered as an iOS Developer, you have access to iTunes Connect. It is from within here that you submit your app for review (as well as set up bank info, agree to contracts, etc.) From within here you can also set up additional iTunes Connect users and, if you trust your developer enough, give them an account whereby they can login and do the app submission, etc. So, there's that option as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.