Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttibsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Screen Shot 2023-09-30 at 8.56.35 AM.png
Hello,
I subscribe to this particular podcast. I have "Follow All New Episodes" turned on. These guys put out a podcast every single day but for some reason, I only get the weekend show. In the "All" category, I should be seeing hundreds of their past podcasts and yet I only see the Weekend Show. I have the latest version of Overcast - 2023.9 - so I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas of what is going on here?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Hello,
I subscribe to this particular podcast. I have "Follow All New Episodes" turned on. These guys put out a podcast every single day but for some reason, I only get the weekend show. In the "All" category, I should be seeing hundreds of their past podcasts and yet I only see the Weekend Show. I have the latest version of Overcast - 2023.9 - so I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas of what is going on here?
They appear to have two podcast feeds, the other one is full.

ttibsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
They appear to have two podcast feeds, the other one is full.
Thanks for the response but I don't quite get it. Are you saying that I can access all the podcasts in the "other one"? If so, how do I access the "other one"? And how can you tell from the screenshot that I have enclosed, that there are 2 podcast feeds?

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
Thanks for the response but I don't quite get it. Are you saying that I can access all the podcasts in the "other one"? If so, how do I access the "other one"? And how can you tell from the screenshot that I have enclosed, that there are 2 podcast feeds?
I searched the name of the podcast in Overcast and saw there were two feeds. I opened one, it only had one podcast (the one in your screenshot), I opened the other and it had lots of episodes.

I have no idea if “all” the episodes are in the other one, I don’t listen to this podcast so I’d have no idea what’s there vs what’s missing, but there appeared to be daily releases.

EDIT: Screenshot for clarity. Pick the one highlighted in orange.

IMG_0142.jpeg

Last edited:

ttibsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
Eureka! Brilliant! Thanks so much for laying that out so clearly. Yes, the - www.kereport.com - feed has the single podcast whereas the highlighted one - KE Report - has hundreds of the past podcasts right up to the present. So now, thanks to you, I am once again a happy camper.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Eureka! Brilliant! Thanks so much for laying that out so clearly. Yes, the - www.kereport.com - feed has the single podcast whereas the highlighted one - KE Report - has hundreds of the past podcasts right up to the present. So now, thanks to you, I am once again a happy camper.
So this sounds like the Podcast Publisher just published a partial feed and a full feed and that was the source of the problem? Too bad they didn’t add an episode to the partial feed telling people to switch over.

I’m glad it didn’t turn out to be an Overcast problem I like that app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.