Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
His Secret is TechTV

This dumbass watched one episode of The Screen Savers and he thinks he's Stephen Hawking. But seriously... This subject is worthy of it's own thread*

Scientists just got a quantum computer to proove that 3x5=15. This computer consisted of 7 Atoms. Quantum computers of the future will consist of millions (...then billions) of Atoms. Think of what they will be able to do... (scary)

"Shall we play a game...?"

U

Unregistered

Re: His Secret is TechTV

Originally posted by tfaz1
This dumbass watched one episode of The Screen Savers and he thinks he's Stephen Hawking. But seriously... This subject is worthy of it's own thread*

Scientists just got a quantum computer to proove that 3x5=15. This computer consisted of 7 Atoms. Quantum computers of the future will consist of millions (...then billions) of Atoms. Think of what they will be able to do... (scary)

"Shall we play a game...?"

Can I have a link to that info? YOu know about quantum computers?

thanks.

Catfish_Man

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2001
Portland, OR
There was a whole bunch of stuff...

...on sites like macnn a few weeks ago about IBM's quantum computer. (I can't remember if it was macnn, but it was several of those news sites)

rEd Eye

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2001
On that note,I have my G4-400 clocked up to 2.7GHZ.Mind you,the mobo is sealed in a high temperature rubber coating,and frozen solid in a freezer half full of ice,with a freeeze coil also wrapped around the CPU.All those wires running in&out through 1 1/2"pvc tubing, to the box.:D

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
my response...

I think overclocking is fun to watch on someone else's machine, but would never attempt it upon my own....unless it was something old that I didn't care about. It seems too risky to me, plus I've heard it's a bitch to get someone qualified to work on your machine once it's been done since it voids any warranty u could have on it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.