Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
The new 1.25s are not overclocked. Motorola has had the capability to run at a 166.67 MHz FSB for awhile now, Apple didn't. Now they do. Motorola rated the 1 and 1.25 GHz G4s to run at those speeds cofortably, so that's what they are. It's a common mistake (most people don't understand what "overclocking" really means), and since you were more asking a question than stating it as fact, I think we can all let it slide this time. With a warning :).

Not that anyone was TOO harsh on you, it could have been much worse (wherefor art though Alpha).

Don't forget your *smilies* when you're being sarcastic people :p ;) :D.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by solvs
Don't forget your *smilies* when you're being sarcastic people :p ;) :D.

Hey I'm just been lazy lately in attaching smilies, and I don't want people to think I trying to
attachment.php
people for saying extremely stupid things.

If the people can continue to think that it's an alien conspiracy making Apple overclock CPUs, I say let them live in their fantasy world - real life probably isn't too pretty for them anyway.

dricci

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by tjwett
Take a look at the discussion forum for the Mirror Door PMs over at Apple's site and you'll see what I mean. Lots of folks over there having lots of problems.

Gee, people having problems are going to the SUPPORT forums!?! Who'da Thunk It? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.