Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yousefqudsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Hello guys ... I am new to this site and Forum ... Hope ill be lite ... I have a prb on my iphone 6s ... I ve bought it before 3 weeks and the device has a battery issue from the first day ... It looses around 30% overnight !! I've contacted apple support and they didnt benifit me that much ... I did a system restore an set up as new phone also same drain ... Yesterday i updated to ios 9.3.2 an and also there is an overnight draining ...i tried turning off background app refresh and wifi ... Also same drain ...
Ps... Also in airplane mode there is a battery drain .... What should i do ... Plz help !!

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Mine drains about 15% overnight. Someone mentioned on here that stock apps are constantly trying to open and then crash.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
Something must be wrong with your device because in my experience a fully charged iPhone shouldn't lose more than around 7% in a typical 8 hour sleep cycle. That's been true for me for around five generations at this point ( my first iphone 4s to the present)

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Hello guys ... I am new to this site and Forum ... Hope ill be lite ... I have a prb on my iphone 6s ... I ve bought it before 3 weeks and the device has a battery issue from the first day ... It looses around 30% overnight !! I've contacted apple support and they didnt benifit me that much ... I did a system restore an set up as new phone also same drain ... Yesterday i updated to ios 9.3.2 an and also there is an overnight draining ...i tried turning off background app refresh and wifi ... Also same drain ...
Ps... Also in airplane mode there is a battery drain .... What should i do ... Plz help !!

When you look at the battery stats in iOS settings, what is at the top of the list in the morning?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
A fully charged iPhone should lose 0% after sitting idle for 8 hrs.
There's definitely something wrong with your hardware that requires a visit to Apple.

That use to be the case. But 5-7% is the new norm now. I remember my iPhone 4/4s/5/5s could go 10+ hours idling and not lose a single %, but with the 6/6s, it definitely loses a few points. Even with absolutely nothing running in the background and with background refresh off, there is still 'background' stuff running which causes battery drain. Leave your phone unplugged and untouched for 1 hour, you will probably have 10-15 minutes of usage added to your battery time. Even if background refresh is off and all apps are closed.

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
That use to be the case. But 5-7% is the new norm now. I remember my iPhone 4/4s/5/5s could go 10+ hours idling and not lose a single %, but with the 6/6s, it definitely loses a few points. Even with absolutely nothing running in the background and with background refresh off, there is still 'background' stuff running which causes battery drain. Leave your phone unplugged and untouched for 1 hour, you will probably have 10-15 minutes of usage added to your battery time. Even if background refresh is off and all apps are closed.

Ok then I stand corrected. I'm on a 5S now, haven't made it to the 6's yet.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ok then I stand corrected. I'm on a 5S now, haven't made it to the 6's yet.

I don't think its directly hardware related. I think its iOS related. iOS 8+ has a lot more going on in the background (eve with no apps running) compared to iOS 7 and earlier. I'm assuming your iPhone 5s is on something later than iOS 7, but if its still on iOS 7, it would explain why you don't see battery drain.

XT550

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
I don't think its directly hardware related. I think its iOS related. iOS 8+ has a lot more going on in the background (eve with no apps running) compared to iOS 7 and earlier. I'm assuming your iPhone 5s is on something later than iOS 7, but if its still on iOS 7, it would explain why you don't see battery drain.

Nope, It's on 9.3.1 and everything is on. That's why I'm inclined to believe that it's hardware related.

Yousefqudsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Mine drains about 15% overnight. Someone mentioned on here that stock apps are constantly trying to open and then crash.
Maybe ! But i did a system restore ... So i guess that a system restore should solve the prop :/
[doublepost=1463647775][/doublepost]
Something must be wrong with your device because in my experience a fully charged iPhone shouldn't lose more than around 7% in a typical 8 hour sleep cycle. That's been true for me for around five generations at this point ( my first iphone 4s to the present)
I think so ... I think it is a hardware prob ... Because ive tried everything .... And last night ... I turned on airplane mode ... With everything off ... About 30% was drained .... But do you have any experience about a hardware wrong that happend to any of other phones !
[doublepost=1463647984][/doublepost]
When you look at the battery stats in iOS settings, what is at the top of the list in the morning?
facebook messenger 27% and facebook app 24 % then the home and lockscreen with 8%

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
This isn't really going to give you any idea of what's going on overnight. What's at the top of the list is the last 24 hours of usage. Not just since it was fully charged.

Yousefqudsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
This isn't really going to give you any idea of what's going on overnight. What's at the top of the list is the last 24 hours of usage. Not just since it was fully charged.
Yeah it doesnt give me any idea ...am really disappointed I tried everything ... Last night i turned on the airplane mode ... And the same percent of battery was gone ... Its about 1 % every 15 min on standby mode which is so bad....

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yeah it doesnt give me any idea ...am really disappointed I tried everything ... Last night i turned on the airplane mode ... And the same percent of battery was gone ... Its about 1 % every 15 min on standby mode which is so bad....

Have you done a hard reset? I know you did a system restore, but a hard reset will kill absolutely everything going on in the background. Also, you mentioned that you turn WiFi off. If your WiFi signal strength is stronger than your cellar signal strength (when airplane is off), leave WiFi on. Lower the signal strength, faster your battery will die.

Yousefqudsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
Have you done a hard reset? I know you did a system restore, but a hard reset will kill absolutely everything going on in the background. Also, you mentioned that you turn WiFi off. If your WiFi signal strength is stronger than your cellar signal strength (when airplane is off), leave WiFi on. Lower the signal strength, faster your battery will die.
Yea ... I did a hard reset more than one time ... And the cellular strength in my region is very strong ... 4-5 bars ... The strange thing is that the amount of battery drained doesnt change by the change of any setting ... When background app refresh is off or not its the same or with email push notification also same ... Or even with wifi or not ...

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yea ... I did a hard reset more than one time ... And the cellular strength in my region is very strong ... 4-5 bars ... The strange thing is that the amount of battery drained doesnt change by the change of any setting ... When background app refresh is off or not its the same or with email push notification also same ... Or even with wifi or not ...

The only thing I can think of is you are experience battery drain from Facebook and Facebook Messenger. Both apps are plagued by horrible battery life issues, even when the app is not running. Try deleting both apps for a couple of days and only use the browser. Might solve the issue.

Reactions: Hevelius

Yousefqudsi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 18, 2016
But when i did a system restore an set up as new phone ... There where no applications and the drain was acting ... But ill try tonight and see :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.