Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm sorry if this has been posted in the past, but search as I may I have not found a definitive answer.
Can the OWC Accelsior E2 be formatted as APFS and used as a boot drive for Mojave?
I've contacted OWC with my question and their answer was, and I quote, " the Accelsior E2 will work with Mojave with no problems".
Still leaves me wondering though, so I thought maybe someone has had first hand experience with my question.

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 10.14.13 AM.png

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Seems as OWC was right.
Received my Accelsior E2 today and it partititoned, formatted and installed Mojave in APFS just fine.
My original concern was due to the fact that the E2 is a raid card using 2 blades in a raid0 configuration.
The 2 eSata ports were welcomed by my eSata external Dock also.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: crjackson2134

basslik

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
Ouch, need help. Installed my Accelsior E2 carbon copied my Mt. Lion drive. removed all drives except the E2 after cloning. Remove all drives, Cleared NVRAM and rebooted with just the E2 with Mt. Lion and booted up fine. Then restarted and now the E2 does not even boot with a ? mark upon boot ?
The same thing happened to my original Accelsior.

Put in the solid OS spinner and boot up and the Accelsior does not even show up or give the option to erase. Although in the system page under PCI it shows up fine with drivers installed. I'm baffled, any guidance will greatly be appreciated.

That's two Accelsior's that just disappeared on boot ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.