Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The_Wall

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2003
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me on trying to find a way around my school's firewall so I could use a P2P network. I appreciate any help. Thanks

The_Wall

excalibur313

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2003
Cambridge, MA
hehe yeah i've been trying to figure it out. You should try and find out what ports are open on your campus' firewall. The problem is that if you run a port scan you may get in trouble with an IT person who sees you doing that. (i did it before i found out that it was bad and nothing happened but my IT guy is a real piece of work). If you ask around you might be able to figure it out.
Excalibur313

MDiddy

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
Chicago
Here's a tip

Instead of using a P2P, take off your headphones and listen to your teacher, punk!

No seriously, port scan is probably the eaiest way, but most IT admins are going to be hip to that too...As far as I know they're not going to be much hope without administrator access on your machine.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
You could always talk directly to the members here who have been caught and punished by their schools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.