Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Walhydra

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2023
Massachusetts
Breakfast.

52737927237_09600a4470_k.jpg

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2170683 View attachment 2170684

two figures ... on the left, Dante, backlit and therefore properly in shadow. On the right I love when people's shadows are, in a way, more distinct than their person
yes, that second one is awesome!

View attachment 2171543

metering on the shiny shiny facade means the other facades drop into shadow, even though they're less in shadow IRL
excellent use of the dynamic range here.

Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Great job controlling the highlights. I might just suggest that if you compose like this again to put your focal point where the light is; the human eye is naturally drawn to the brightest spot in an image, which in this case is the back petal of the flower. However, your focal point is closer than that on the petals in shadow. I think the image would be stonger with the bright spot as the focal point. ❤️

Walhydra

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2023
Massachusetts
the diffused light from the blinds gives a lovely soft lighting here.

I actually noticed the shadows from the blinds first, but that might have just been from scrolling, but the plant shadow is a great detail.
Thanks for these comments. That living room gives beautiful lights and shadows almost every morning, since it faces the sunrise. ❤️

Reactions: mollyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.