Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 20 | Flowers/Plants

main.jpg

Well friends, this week might be a bit of a repeat/overlap from previous weeks; my apologies for that. I sat with the themes for a bit before I published them and did some rearranging every so often, but I seem to have missed this one. Luckily, most of you tend to already shoot a lot of nature images as it is, so hopefully it won’t be too much of a burden.

This week we will focus on flowers and plants; trees and other large flora are also welcomed this week. Of course, you are always welcome to find houseplants or cut flowers in your own home if the weather or season isn’t cooperating; as with other weeks, do what you need to make it work for you. If you are tired of this theme variant, feel free to shoot whatever you like or to choose from an alternate theme in the main list linked above.

I don’t think you guys need much in the way of explanation of examples this week, so let’s just get outside and find some stuff to photograph.

2023-05-15_0003.jpg

2023-05-15_0002.jpg

2023-05-15_0001.jpg

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
.. went out early this morning for a walk in the local neighbourhood, and within some adjacent environs, in an attempt to capture some unique (to me) floral views ...

unnamed-5.jpg
unnamed-9.jpg
unnamed-11.jpg
unnamed-13.jpg
unnamed-16.jpg

.. first photo = a small, delicate, and pretty salmonberry flower .. the hanging flowers are lovely in this location, and not 'strangling out' any wanted flora .. the trees are dogwoods, with some closer views of the flowers.

Last edited:

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2202273

From yesterday. I like the very dark branch vs see-through petal dichotomy. Not in the frame: flowers bought at the grocery store

Just spent the last 4 days up in the mountains in the Boone, NC area. Got lots of mountain floral shots to share.

All shot with iPhone 13PM
View attachment 2202279

View attachment 2202277

View attachment 2202280

View attachment 2202281

View attachment 2202282

View attachment 2202283

View attachment 2202284

View attachment 2202285

Orchid from the Sunroom
View attachment 2202278

CC Always Welcome:)

Not much light from the west window this morning, but there are fresh cut flowers. So I decided to see how the built in flash on the little Oly, works when fairly close.
Olympus TG-6 camera, ƒ-6.3, ISO 400, 1/100sec.
View attachment 2202300

.. went out early this morning for a walk in the local neighbourhood, and within some adjacent environs, in an attempt to capture some unique (to me) floral views ...

View attachment 2202307 View attachment 2202308 View attachment 2202309 View attachment 2202310 View attachment 2202311
.. first photo = a small, delicate, and pretty salmonberry flower .. the hanging flowers are lovely in this location, and not 'strangling out' any wanted flora .. the trees are dogwoods, with some closer views of the flowers.

Wandering with the telephoto while waiting for the little one to finish her drama class.

View attachment 2202366

View attachment 2202553 View attachment 2202552

Favourite garden colour: purple.
The iris is from my late grandfathers garden, planted four years ago and just started blooming last year.

Just taken just earlier today as thunderclouds rolled in to end our heat wave!

Of course right now the flowers are OFF THE HOOK in California

View attachment 2202591

Well I guess no one seems to mind that this week overlaps some of the previous ones! You all are going gangbusters. ❤️

@ovbacon welcome to the project! I love seeing your superbloom photos, I'd love to experience that sometime. You are welcome to post as many photos as you'd like, but please attach your photos within a single post when practical to keep the thread clean. Also, I see your photos are from April. Although not technically archive photos, this project is for new images each week, so keep that in mind going forward. 🙂 Occasionally some people work ahead a week or so if they know they will be traveling, but this is a new photo each week kind of project.

OldMacs4Me

macrumors 68020
May 4, 2018
Wild Rose And Wind Belt
Same flowers, same dismal morning light. This time I used the wide angle portion of the lens. At ƒ-2 I could have easily hand held, however chose to again use the flash. Other than resizing and a bit of sharpening, pretty much the way the JPEG came from the camera.
OLY TG-6 camera, FL=4.5, ƒ-5.6, ISO=200, SS=1/30, EBV=-1/3stop

P5160229.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.