Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Been traveling, and all the prep and planning limiting opportunity. Finally, relaxing at daughter’s in Switzerland, and noticed the shadow/shade foreground framing the lit area. This, as opposed to the full Sun blackberries posted in POTD. Both from the planters lining her rear patio.
IMG_1549.jpeg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
I like the second one. Did you add a vignette to these or process them? I often add vignettes in post, but these seem a bit heavy to me. But...that's just a personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. 🙂
What do you mean for vignette?
I cropped both and I would have liked to light them up a little but was afraid to loose the pocket of light

Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
What do you mean for vignette?
I cropped both and I would have liked to light them up a little but was afraid to loose the pocket of light
A vignette - a darkening around the edges. Even working within a pocket of light, it seems like the edges the images are way too dark, and done in post processing.

If you didn't do it in post processing, then I think you can lighten the images a little bit.

Reactions: bondr006 and katbel

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
A vignette - a darkening around the edges. Even working within a pocket of light, it seems like the edges the images are way too dark, and done in post processing.

If you didn't do it in post processing, then I think you can lighten the images a little bit.

Very interesting, thanks for the extra lesson. 🌹🙂

Reactions: bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond

Very interesting, thanks for the extra lesson. 🌹🙂
In the camera App on the iPhone the Vignette tool is the last tool. You can see the dark around the edges after I move the slider all the way over.:)

IMG-6112.jpg
IMG-6113.jpg

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
P52 PL July - 1.jpeg

A tiny origami crane that was made and given to me by a sweet Japanese girl in Kyoto
This morning a breeze from the window made it fly just there, on the carpet.

The significance of the origami crane in Japan has an ancient backstory, and the paper bird was later popularized after one girl named Sadako Sasaki used it to send a powerful and lasting message after Hiroshima. Today, people continue to make and gift origami cranes as symbols of hope and love.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2230330
A tiny origami crane that was made and given to me by a sweet Japanese girl in Kyoto
This morning a breeze from the window made it fly just there, on the carpet.

The significance of the origami crane in Japan has an ancient backstory, and the paper bird was later popularized after one girl named Sadako Sasaki used it to send a powerful and lasting message after Hiroshima. Today, people continue to make and gift origami cranes as symbols of hope and love.
what a fun little story and surprise!

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Annie likes to get on top of my desk and being completely black, always looks sinister when the lights are going.

Of course, she *is* sinister, she just doesn't always look it.

View attachment 2230571
Very cute!
I had a black cat, Rififi. Phonetic: all “i” read as “e”
My mom got the name from an old French crime movie . Rififi was very smart and very sweet but when we were coming back home from the summer holidays, she was going into my closet and peeing in one shoe: her way to tell me she didn’t like I went away….it happened twice: first time I didn’t see her and couldn’t be sure it was her, second time was the last one.
I learned to give her a treat and tell her I was sorry to have abandoned her with “strangers “
She never did it again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.