Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 34: From Where I Stand

main.jpg

Hiya! This week is a little different; it will be a creative week to get you out with your camera and think a bit more about location.

The prompt is “From Where I Stand” and typically the idea is to shoot down straight at your feet and show yourself grounded in your location with visual clues to where you are and what you are doing in a relatively simplistic image. It’s a kind of faceless self-portrait. And it’s really amazing at how much story can be told by a set of feet on the ground, based on the shoes (or not), the type of ground, the surroundings included.

2023-08-21_0001.jpg

However, as with all weeks, do not feel limited to a strict definition and you are welcome to interpret this however you want. While you will find oodles of feet photos on Instagram under this hashtag, you can also stand in one place and just look forward and shoot whatever happens to be in front of you. I have also seen versions where someone stands on a bridge or other high structure and then looks downward. I personally tend to shoot this prompt in the “Instagram” way, looking down, but once I set my camera on the ground and shot towards my feet, showing where I was literally standing.

single.jpg

Don’t be intimidated if you don’t like the traditional “definition” of this theme, and just go out and shoot something right in front of you, and it will be okay.

2023-08-21_0002.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.