Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 36: Neighborhood

Web_September_01_2023_001-3.jpg

As we head into the new school year (for those of you with kids) and also hopefully some cooler weather (although not here, we are expecting our hottest week all year), I would love for you to get out this week and shoot around your neighborhood. This is a week to explore architecture and structures if you want, or just some scenes along your street, and these don't inherently have to be nature themed, that's just what I always gravitate towards personally.

Since this is a pretty straightforward week, I am not posting many examples. I think you all can figure out your own take on this week.

Web_September_01_2023_002.jpg

Strider64

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2015
Suburb of Detroit
I'm astounded that Nankin Lake is just a five-minute walk from me, especially since I reside in such an urban environment. Kudos to Wayne County in Michigan for their excellent restoration work on the lake. Contrary to what some may believe, not all of our tax dollars are squandered. Featured here is a Belted Kingfisher, one of my favorite birds and a particularly challenging subject to photograph.
web-nankin-lake-belted-kingfisher-2023-6.jpg

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
While on my morning walk, that water is so calm I should take my canoe out. When solo, need calm as in wind, the raised bow acts like a sail and fighting for guidance when the wind catches it. Also, if that boat ramp continued across the street, it would come through my dining room window. I am that close, so roll the canoe on a dolly.
IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg
IMG_1812.jpeg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.