Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Welcome to our P52! This project is designed to get you out with your camera once a week in a meaningful way. Each week I will post a prompt for you to consider. The prompts are merely suggestions, and you are free to shoot off topic if you wish. All images posted must be taken by you, be safe for work, and be taken with this project in mind. Please do not post archive photos. For a further discussion of the guidelines, please refer to this thread, and you can find the previous weeks linked there if you missed them. Feel free to join in at any time of the year, and you may go back to missed weeks if you still wish to participate.

Week 39: Windows

main.jpg

Hi, gang! I hope you will find this to be a fun week as we search for and create compositions and resulting images with windows.

2023-09-25_0005.jpg

This is a pretty broad theme, despite being very specific. You can shoot through a window from inside to outside, from outside to inside (please be mindful of privacy should you shoot this way; make sure you aren’t capturing something voyeuristic or insensitive), or use windows as a source of reflections.

2023-09-25_0003.jpg

2023-09-25_0001.jpg

2023-09-25_0008.jpg

You can also just use windows as the primary subject of your image, finding buildings with a lot of windows or windows that are particularly interesting.

2023-09-25_0006.jpg

You can use windows as your light source, but I’d really prefer that we can see the window in the final image, rather than only being used for lighting. Use the window as a storytelling device in addition to the light source. One way to do this is to have your subject looking out the window.

2023-09-25_0007.jpg

2023-09-25_0004.jpg

2023-09-25_0002.jpg

Excited to see what everyone comes up with this week!

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
Still working on it, but couldn't get to my phone camera fast enough. Was on a toll road backed up to a crawl (red line on map). Got to the end and a 4 car pileup with police all around. Suddenly discovered the 3rd car was a Sherrif's car with the trunk flattened where the 4th car rear ended it. Vision was so fast as traffic suddenly accelerated and couldn't get to my phone sitting on the passenger seat. Oh well, have some other ideas.

• Wow
Reactions: katbel

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
Window shopping. Never buy from them with the $3000 add on fee...but close and will gladly test drive their vehicles. Then it becomes "out the door" pricing and see if they can overcome their self inflicted handicap.
View attachment 2282736
My husband tried to buy a truck at the end of December 2022. That particular vehicle didn't have the dumb dealer tax but others on the lot did. He offered below sticker (because that's how you buy a car) and they said, no, they couldn't go any lower. Blah blah blah. Two days later, on December 31, they managed to find some creative ways to lower the effective price (throwing in extras, discounting something random) and he bought it.

Car buying is overly complicated.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
My husband tried to buy a truck at the end of December 2023. That particular vehicle didn't have the dumb dealer tax but others on the lot did. He offered below sticker (because that's how you buy a car) and they said, no, they couldn't go any lower. Blah blah blah. Two days later, on December 31, they managed to find some creative ways to lower the effective price (throwing in extras, discounting something random) and he bought it.

I agree wholeheartedly…😤

tizeye

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
My husband tried to buy a truck at the end of December 2022. That particular vehicle didn't have the dumb dealer tax but others on the lot did. He offered below sticker (because that's how you buy a car) and they said, no, they couldn't go any lower. Blah blah blah. Two days later, on December 31, they managed to find some creative ways to lower the effective price (throwing in extras, discounting something random) and he bought it.

I did similar in Nov 2022. The ringer was that I needed specific models that were 4 down towable (TOAD) behind an RV which in this case required AWD and virtually impossible to find in FL. The TOAD requirement also severely restricted the pool of qualifying cars. Ignoring add-ons, FL has the highest dealer fee in the nation, typically around $1000. Placed a deposit on a Chevy Trailblazer that was on the ship approaching Panama. In the meantime did a search of the same Chevy and Buick Encore GX twin within 100 miles of my son in CT. Saw quite a few AWD models, obviously, and on the lot. After some emails to weed out the dealers, got a one way flight, rented a car, and of course visited the grandchildren. The $750 difference in dealer fees not only paid for that, but fuel and one overnight motel on the return trip. Essentially, the FL car dealers, with the savings in New England paid for me to go visit my family and still get the car! On the way back, stopped by the Chey dealership - 60 miles from my home - cancelled the order and the deposit was returned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.