Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Tibetans_.jpeg

Grandma tapestry

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

Yes, the tapestry works because it's all of the tapestry in the frame. Well, maybe not the entire tapestry, but rather ONLY the tapestry is in the frame.

View attachment 2162867 View attachment 2162876

Should I cut the teapot handle and front to make it more filled or because it's in a very constrained space it works already
Or the second one?

I'm not sure this is the best subject for this challenge. Not everything can be easily made to fill the frame because you will cut off parts of the items. I think your second crop works better but it's probably something that would work better with a wider composition to show the whole piece. But, this image has a lot going on in the background with shadows and the background not being completely plain.

I would look for repeating shapes or colors and see what you can find with that; I know it's hard with the colder weather and not easily being able to go outside, but I think you can do it. 🙂

Reactions: katbel and bondr006

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Yes, the tapestry works because it's all of the tapestry in the frame. Well, maybe not the entire tapestry, but rather ONLY the tapestry is in the frame.

I'm not sure this is the best subject for this challenge. Not everything can be easily made to fill the frame because you will cut off parts of the items. I think your second crop works better but it's probably something that would work better with a wider composition to show the whole piece. But, this image has a lot going on in the background with shadows and the background not being completely plain.

I would look for repeating shapes or colors and see what you can find with that; I know it's hard with the colder weather and not easily being able to go outside, but I think you can do it. 🙂
Thanks for your input as usual very precious ❣️
And yes, the weather is not helping, very cold and gray again for few days.

• Love
Reactions: mollyc and bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016

Which one fills the frame? 🙂

BTW, my response wasn't meant to be snippy, so I hope you didn't read it that way. As you all work through these challenges, I want you to think critically about your own work and how it fits into the parameters of any given week. And it's okay to not like a challenge but still complete it.

You said "can't decide which one." This says to me that you maybe don't like any of the options, but for me, only the third one fills the brief of the assignment. Even if this isn't a technique you will use often, it's good to be aware of different composition styles when going out to photograph something. ❤️

• Love
Reactions: bondr006

mollyc

macrumors 604
Original poster
Aug 18, 2016
View attachment 2163395
If I crop more doesn't make too much sense because of the explosion from the center.

CC

View attachment 2163401
We had some snow last night, it's very cold for being BC but the roofs looked interesting and the light makes everything more interesting today
CC
Oh, these are all really fun! Well done. I think my favorite is the pencil one, but the house one is surprisingly unexpected and clever!

• Love
Reactions: katbel

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
BTW, my response wasn't meant to be snippy, so I hope you didn't read it that way.
Please! @mollyc Absolutely no offense taken. You are wonderful for providing this great learning activity for us. Voluntary for all, and especially useful for those with an open mind, and willingness to learn. I don't know how the rest of us participants feel, but I am having a blast. Just wish I had more time to devote to it. Don't know where you find the time @mollyc but, Thank you, thank you, thank you!💖

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.