Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omega V

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
The more I see the Pacific Blue color for the Pro models the more I don’t like it because it reminds me too much of my Midnight Green 11 Pro Max. I really like the Blue color for the non-pro models a lot more but I need the Pro Max model and that blue/green shade just isn't doing it for me.

When I watched the Good Morning America video on YouTube the Blue color REALLY stands out next to the Pacific Blue color. I'II go Silver or Graphite this year for my Pro Max.

IMG_7233.jpg

Reactions: barondebxl

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I wanted to see the Apple Watch series 6 blue but I do realize that is Aluminum and so is the 12 and Mini, I think. The Pro is stainless and glass which likely affects their options for colorizing. I don’t mind the subtle blue and as a blue fan, will be opting for that. I suppose I’ll get to see it in the 12 Pros next week and in stores before I can order my 12 Pro Max but I don’t think it will affect my color choice.

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
I don't think there is any effect in colorizing. I feel that colors that are 'too pronounced' seem to feel cheaper. The colors in the Pro models, though subtle, do have a nice look to them that make them more neutral. It's the pro aesthetic.

Zune55

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2015
The more I see the Pacific Blue color for the Pro models the more I don’t like it because it reminds me too much of my Midnight Green 11 Pro Max. I really like the Blue color for the non-pro models a lot more but I need the Pro Max model and that blue/green shade just isn't doing it for me.

When I watched the Good Morning America video on YouTube the Blue color REALLY stands out next to the Pacific Blue color. I'II go Silver or Graphite this year for my Pro Max.

View attachment 967153
Thanks amazing video, this is the first hands on I watched. Yeah pacific blue has some green shade but maybe because of studio lighting.

arbitrage

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
I actually prefer the more subtle Pro blue. I also liked the look of last year's Pro Green. I find the vibrant colours of the 12 to look less premium.

Reactions: egeek84

Snapperjw

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2007
I need the toilet so much but can’t leave / be away from my iPad with less than 10 mins to go.

• Haha
Reactions: mguzzi

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Any live photos of the pacific blue color? I am on the fence and placed graphite, but I can still swap to PB via Tmobile as they still have 10/23 ship date.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I am totally torn when I do the Pro Max on 11/6. The new blue looks a lot like the green I have, and the gold (I am not typically a huge gold fan) looks amazing on the Apple Video. That gold stainless band is glossy as a mofo!! lol. I have to decide by the time the pre approval portion starts

Rogetta136

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2020
Really wanted to get the blue, after years and years of space gray. In the end I chickened out and went space gray (graphite) again.
I went the opposite - every iphone i've ever had has been black/space gray but I finally took the leap and went for the pacific blue! I love the color, but curious to see if I will loving having a colored phone or revert back to my usual 'black' next time I upgrade

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
That's a pretty cool video showing Becky Worley. I remember watching her on the show "The screen savers" with Leo Leporte. She looked damn good back then and she's still looking damn good to this day. It's amazing at how well some women can age so gracefully while others not so well.

Reactions: Bstephens

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
I like the Pacific blue better than the aluminum blue. I have a feeling it will be similar to the Rose Gold and look different under different light sources. I was actually hoping for more of a darker navy blue but instead we get a blue-toned teal and a bright royal blue.

ClarkKent35

Suspended
Oct 15, 2020
I wish Apple would just give us a black option for the pro already. Why that color is not being made is beyond me.

Reactions: 5105973
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.