Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Just asking, anybody moved from an (whatever brand) pad to flip & touch notebook?

I have an older Samsung Note with 9.7" screen. I use it mainly for watching TV series, and reading magazines (mainly PDF). For movies (with VLC) it's really good.

For magz I the main issue is, magz are mostly A4 or larger, so you can't really read them full page. A larger screen would be better, but 12" pads are rare and expensive.

Here those sort of new flip cover notebooks with touch screen come in. They have 12" or bigger touch screens. They are usually Windows 10, so they are much more versatile than any iOS or Droid pad. I do some coding too, so I can run a webserver on a notebook and try stuff right away. They are a bit more heavy though.

Anybody moved from a pad to a flip notebook - how you like it?

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I am a bit confused :) what Samsung flip device do you have exactly ?

As the note is a phone, the Tab is Android The Tab Pro S was Windows and the Book is W10 but none of these were flip notebook's ie a 180 deg hinge screen

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Sorry maybe I am being a bit thick or it has a different name in your country so can you send a link to your Samsung 9.7" Note Pad :)

Just google for iPad and you get the idea what it is.

In the meantime I like to hear from people that have 360° touch notebook. I think I will go for 14"

flameproof

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Thanks but I think you have mixed models or something is a miss :)

I have only one Pad, not much to mix yet. You may look for 2-in-1 notebooks and you get the idea. I think I go for the 13-15" range. It's not that urgent.

I wonder why so few can't detach the keyboard? Technically it should be easy to link keyboard and display with Bluetooth, NFC or whatever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.