Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
Hi all. I got a new SE the other day to replace the 6S. Faster chip, more storage, 5G, but having used it since Monday there is no difference that I can tell aside from having a new battery. Oh well.

Here's a couple of things that are driving me crazy, and I've spent so much time Googling for answers but have found nothing. When texting, emailing, using "Notes," etc. I always have the phone in landscape mode. But the text lines keep breaking automatically (prematurely) as if it was in the more narrow portrait mode. My 6S never did this. I'm sure there's a simple global setting somewhere but I cannot find it.

Also, the "Clunk" feeling when using the home button is annoying, and is probably using some tiny bit of battery power that I'd rather save. I found the three "Clunk" settings in "Settings/General/Home Button" but no option to shut it off.

Help?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
None of my iPhones wrap text as you describe.
When repying to an email that already has formatted text, iOS mail app will flow the text to the the same line lengths as the original text.

The little bump feeling on the home button is there to provide feedback that you’ve pressed it hard enough. It can be diminished but not turned off. It doesn’t use significant battery power.

Andy002

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2022
This has nothing to do with replying to anyone, it happens with a brand new window in any place where I can type: Messaging, email, forums, Notes. I just talked to Apple support, they were no help.

I'm a customer of Consumer Cellular and they said they would take it back, so I'll probably do that and get a new battery in my old 6S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.