Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Hi all,
I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and am thinking of upgrading to Mavericks. The two apps I use the most (by far) are Pages 08 and iPhoto 09. Does anyone know if either of these are compatible with Mavericks?
Thanks for any help!
Morod

Last edited:

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hi all,
I'm currently running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, and am thinking of upgrading to Mavericks. The two apps I use the most (by far) are Pages 08 and iPhoto 09. Does anyone know if either of these are compatible with Mavericks?
Thanks for any help!
Morod

The iLife/iWork 09 apps work in Mavericks. On my old rMBP, the installers for the current versions of those apps actually migrated the 09 versions to folders in my Applications directory. Not only did they work under Mavericks on that machine, I was able to copy those folders to this new rMBP and use the apps on this one as well.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Thanks for letting me know iPhoto 09 will work. I'm still not sure about Pages 08.
I have a late 2007 24" Al iMac with a 2.4GHz Intel Core2Duo and 4GB RAM. So this machine is capable of running Mavericks. If I do upgrade, I'd like for it to be semi speedy, although it probably won't be as fast as it is now.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Pages 08

Apparently Pages 08 will not work with Mavericks without doing some workarounds, so I just bought iWork 09 from Amazon.
Be careful updating it to the latest Pages 09 version. Use Software Updater for that. If you go through the Mac App Store, you'll end up with the new Pages, which is missing some features.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
What's missing in latest Pages? No offense, just asking :)

There are a few things, that thread Morod linked is a quagmire but I haven't seen a good concise analysis.

Apple's adding some of the Pages '09 features back in, in updates, and the doc says more will be re-added.

Personally I use the new Pages for most things, the only exception is a mailing list I still do in Pages '09 because Mail Merge is one feature still not present in the newest version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.