Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
After Pages 4.3 got abandoned, the new Pages has lacked important and helpful productivity features. One of them is the ability to select multiple pieces of non-contiguous text so you can (a) perform word counts on sections of text or (b) edit formatting of a lot of parts of a document easily.

See the picture for an example.https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...EF66HQIg-Ww/p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Please consider using this link to submit feedback on Pages to Apple. I've been submitting the following message on a daily basis; feel free to use it as well:

"In Pages 4.3, I can hold down the Cmd key and select multiple unconnected lines of text: for example, I could select the first word in a sentence, and then the second sentence, and then the fourth sentence. That would allow me to change the formatting of just those selected pieces of text, highlight them, or to view the word count of just those selected portions.

In Pages 5–8, that feature is no longer an option but it is critical to my workflow. Please fix this, especially as Pages 4.3 will not likely be compatible with future versions of macOS. Please add this missing feature back to Pages like it was before."

Last edited:
Reactions: sracer

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
After Pages 4.3 got abandoned, the new Pages has lacked important and helpful productivity features. One of them is the ability to select multiple pieces of non-contiguous text so you can (a) perform word counts on sections of text or (b) edit formatting of a lot of parts of a document easily.

See the picture for an example.https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thum...EF66HQIg-Ww/p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Please consider using this link to submit feedback on Pages to Apple. I've been submitting the following message on a daily basis; feel free to use it as well:

"In Pages 4.3, I can hold down the Cmd key and select multiple unconnected lines of text: for example, I could select the first word in a sentence, and then the second sentence, and then the fourth sentence. That would allow me to change the formatting of just those selected pieces of text, highlight them, or to view the word count of just those selected portions.

In Pages 5–8, that feature is no longer an option but it is critical to my workflow. Please fix this, especially as Pages 4.3 will not likely be compatible with future versions of macOS. Please add this missing feature back to Pages like it was before."
I've given up trying to muster the troops to give Apple feedback. I've seen no indication that they're listening. :(

I still keep iWork '09 along with the latest version and try to adjust my workflow and document formatting to conform to the newer version, but as you know, that's not always possible. This is the reason why I will not be upgrading to Catalina on my iMac. I still need iWork '09 (and a few other 32 bit apps).

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Wow, finally…it's happened.

Reactions: Nermal
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.