Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Transferring a Pages doc to my iPad.
My iPad and iTunes has the latest iOS update. My Mac is running an updated Yosemite. I have transferred Pages docs between my iPad and MBP before without any issues.

In iTunes I'm trying to add a Pages text document from my Mac to be used on my iPad via iTunes. In iTunes with my iPad connected to my Mac, selecting the iPad, and then scrolling to the app file sharing page with Pages selected, I have dragged two versions of a Pages document from my Mac to iTunes. One is the latest version of Pages v5, and an identical document with a slightly altered name was created with Pages '09.

In iTunes both of these documents appear like they should. If I selection them for deletion of if I replace them with another copy, I get the proper dialogs that indicates iTunes, thinks they are there.

I have told iTunes to synch with my iPad a couple of times. However, on my iPad under the document section of iOS Pages, they are no where to be found.

Anyone seen this?
Anyone have a suggestion or solution? Thanks! :)

Update: Of note, if I convert this document to a pdf, it is recognized in Adobe Reader and Cloud Reader (on my iPad), but of course, it's no longer conveniently editable. :(

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.