Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rangellalo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Every time I attempt to export a Pages document to PDF, I get an error message that says the document could not be autosaved. The same error appears even when I create a new Pages document. The same error happens when I switch to the iCloud version of Pages and try to export to PDF.

Also, when I attempt to move the Pages file to another folder, I get an error message saying I don't have permission to access the downloads. I called Apple support, but the agent was not able to help.

I installed Pages from the Applications menu and downloaded it from the App Store. Still the same issues.

I created a test account as a new user and could open the file as a duplicate, save it in several places, and export it as a PDF without any issues. I am dumbfounded. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.45.39 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.45.39 PM.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.46.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.46.00 PM.png
    348.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.45.12 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 9.45.12 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Every time I attempt to export a Pages document to PDF, I get an error message that says the document could not be autosaved. The same error appears even when I create a new Pages document. The same error happens when I switch to the iCloud version of Pages and try to export to PDF.

Also, when I attempt to move the Pages file to another folder, I get an error message saying I don't have permission to access the downloads. I called Apple support, but the agent was not able to help.

I installed Pages from the Applications menu and downloaded it from the App Store. Still the same issues.

I created a test account as a new user and could open the file as a duplicate, save it in several places, and export it as a PDF without any issues. I am dumbfounded. Any help would be appreciated.

Some questions to ask yourself and things to try:

Is this the same document each time?
Does this happen with other documents?
If you create a new document in a different folder, does it fail in the same way?
If you move one of these documents to another folder does it fail in the same way?

Rangellalo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
  1. It is not confined to the same document. It happens each time to the same document, to new documents created, and to documents received from other users.
  2. I created a new user account and had now issues with any document.
  3. Moving the document to another folder produces the same error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.