Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2023
my iPhone 14 Pro Max purple colour
back side paint defect it's very annoying for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230812_221145.jpg
    IMG_20230812_221145.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 201

AlexJ092

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2013
my iPhone 14 Pro Max purple colour
back side paint defect it's very annoying for me.
That is quite a big defect. I would initiate a return asap. Are you still in the return window? If you have another device you can use temporarily we are so close to the iPhone 15 launch so maybe hold out for a month if possible?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
That's one dirty phone.. Surprised you can get any clear pictures from those cameras considering how much gunk is on them. Have you tried cleaning the phone to see if the mark comes off?

Reactions: Ericdjensen

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
That phone is crap for a new device. Even if it’s outside the return window if that mark is under the glass send it back. Those lenses! What the… Send that back pronto - nobody at Apple will defend this!

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
That phone is crap for a new device. Even if it’s outside the return window if that mark is under the glass send it back. Those lenses! What the… Send that back pronto - nobody at Apple will defend this!
The problem is that it’s an issue you’d spot instantly upon picking up the phone so if it’s outside the return window it would appear to self-inflicted damage which would be deemed as cosmetic. There no way you wouldn’t notice a chip as large as that on the paintwork.

Reactions: Jackbequickly

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
The problem is that it’s an issue you’d spot instantly upon picking up the phone so if it’s outside the return window it would appear to self-inflicted damage which would be deemed as cosmetic. There no way you wouldn’t notice a chip as large as that on the paintwork.

I assumed the color process was under the glass, I didn’t know it was a chip. Those backs are impossible for a customer to take off so if it was under the glass it would have to be a manufacturing fault.

Is it really painted on the back and exposed like that?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I assumed the color process was under the glass, I didn’t know it was a chip. Those backs are impossible for a customer to take off so if it was under the glass it would have to be a manufacturing fault.

Is it really painted on the back and exposed like that?
I am not really sure if it’s a paint chip or the defect is under the some kind of coating. If the poster can prove that it’s a defect, such as the damage being under protective coating, he should definitely be entitled to a replacement phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.