Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danallen

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2018
Houston
This gentleman is doing some tutorials on using Photoline:
PaintShop Pro had the best tutorials. None. Who needed it? That is part what makes it great. It does what you think it should do it the way that is easiest. You've been hired by the NFL to need to make the core package of advertising material all advertisers need to follow for the SuperBowl? You might need some subtlety and file types not in PSP's league. In that case, then by means, subject yourself to TATIA™ The Agony That Is Adobe.™ Adobe makes up for the tutorials PSP does not have.

Mapanggulo

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2022
2403 West 27th Street South
Double TDLR;
Now that I am back in Windows, I have been spazzing myself with MS Paint, trying to make it do what I remember doing with it before, until a moment ago, when I remembered, "No! It was not PAINT! It was PaintShop Pro!" Took only a second to find it, and then, another second to discover that I won't be installing it on my awesome Windows computer, because, well, I won't be installing any software on this computer, because all our company computers are locked... for good reason. So, I will be respectfully requesting PaintShopPro be installed on my computer that is all I can do.

Computers in the military were like that...locked down so you couldn't install things. When I was stationed in Japan one of my additional duties was the system admin for our flight. First thing I did when I got my admin rights was install PaintShop Pro on my work computer. It helped a lot with making our flights webpage & training aids :)

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
PaintShop Pro had the best tutorials. None. Who needed it? That is part what makes it great. It does what you think it should do it the way that is easiest.
According to that reasoning PhotoLine is the easiest and greatest image editor in the universe - because there are almost no tutorials to be found online for PhotoLine (and it's been around the block longer than Paintshop Pro - since Atari ST times!).

Conversely there are many MANY YouTube tutorials for Paintshop Pro.

So that would mean that Paintshop Pro is very hard indeed to learn and use nowadays according to your thinking? Because it has oodles of video tutorials online.

😸

• Haha
Reactions: opeter

dandeco

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
I remember Paint Shop Pro. In my Windows days of the 2000s, that was my go-to image/photo editing software, and my dad enjoyed using it as well. We used the old Jasc version of it. On Windows 10 and 11 I still tend to use the newer Corel version, and aside from some other added features a lot of functionality and features from the older versions are still there. But of course once I began using a Mac in 2009 (an eMac G4), I got Adobe Photoshop CS2 to run on it, and that's been my go-to digital art/image manipulation software on the Mac OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.