Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Theryesider

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2020
Glasgow
Hi all, a workmate has just upgraded from iPhone SE to iphone14, in the excitement she forgot to remove her AirTag from the SE now unable to pair.
Reading through similar posts there does not seem to be an easy fix, is a visit to the local Apple Store the easiest option.

BigBlur

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2021
Hi all, a workmate has just upgraded from iPhone SE to iphone14, in the excitement she forgot to remove her AirTag from the SE now unable to pair.
Reading through similar posts there does not seem to be an easy fix, is a visit to the local Apple Store the easiest option.
You don't need to re-pair them when getting a new device. AirTags are actually paired to your Apple ID, not the device. If they show up in Find My, then you are good to go. If they don't, then make sure you are using the same Apple ID you used when you initially set them up.

Theryesider

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2020
Glasgow
You don't need to re-pair them when getting a new device. AirTags are actually paired to your Apple ID, not the device. If they show up in Find My, then you are good to go. If they don't, then make sure you are using the same Apple ID you used when you initially set them up.
Thanks mate, all I had to do was remove the battery 5 times which reset the AirTag and it is now visible when held near the iPhone, job done, much ado about nothing:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.