Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gundam

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
I have been syncing with my TT, but when I tried to add audio files to the Palm by dragging to that drop thing, it would not install on the next sync. Then I thought to delete and reinstall Palm Desktop, but now I get a system error ("Access Denied") and can't even install it.
Can anyone advise what I should try next?

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
do you have a SD card installed? if not most non-PDB audio files will not install.
If you do, are you telling it its location s to go to the SD card or are you leaving it as Hadnheld.

Post us a movie of what you are trying to do and we will give it a look. just keep it small.

gundam

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Right now I can't even install Palm Desktop because of the above error. Yes, there is an SD card installed and the destination was set to SD card when I tried to sync previously. Thanks for any help.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
did you remove the entire palm desktop? its a funny program, if you dont completely remove it sometimes parts of earlier installs will assert themselves...
at what point are you getting the error? when you try to install or when you try to run it after the install?
if its after the install, you definitely need to get some prefs or other files off your computer...if its before, where is the install package coming from? your cd or palm?

finally, do you have a screenshot of your hotsync log from when you tried to install the audio files?

--carly

gundam

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Well, I dragged the whole application folder into the trash - is there more involved in removing it? I downloaded Palm desktop directly from Palm, re-downloaded just to make sure. I get the error when trying to install, right after I choose my applications folder as the destination.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
some apps have prefs files etc that wouldnt be in the application folder.
search for palm desktop or palm and make sure...if anything comes up, make sure its palmos related and then delete it.
some of the more computer-adept people here can tell you more specifically where to find those files if they dont come up ina search.
-carly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.